Take a Look Around

Changing Up Routines As The Seasons Start To Shift

I love changing up things when the seasons change. As it gets colder and the holidays roll around, we tend to feel more stressed. But a few mindful changes in your habits can be rejuvenating. Here are some tips to allow you to prepare for the end of fall and the beginning of winter.

Do a Clothing Check

Make it a point to check that you and your family have the right kind of clothes for whatever season it is. Sometimes there will be many days where it's cold in the morning, but warm in the afternoon. That's probably the only time you'll need to worry about wearing different clothes depending on the time of day. Start getting out some winter clothes to be able to layer appropriately.

Make sure to get your winter shopping done when it's fall, and then get your summer shopping done when spring starts to come around. It pays to be prepared so you're not stuck in clothing that doesn't work for you. If you are super prepared, you may have shopped at the end of last season. Be sure to pull out all that winter stuff and evaluate it.

I always like to know if I should put items on the Christmas lists for the kids like jammies, mittens, or extra socks. The grandmas always like to pick out a new shirt for the kids so I like to know what color or size they will need around January or February.

Update Your Skin Care

You should consider things like how dry your skin is going to be in the winter. You may want to get a new special lotion to help you avoid dry skin. Also remember, just like in the summer you have to protect your skin with sunscreen. Be sure to buy a new bottle of your favorite. The stock of sunscreen tends to not be as good during the winter.

I also like to buy a new foundation in the fall. Sometimes I get a new Burt Bees lip gloss. It doesn't have to be expensive to update your makeup.

I don't like to wear moisturizer on my face during the summer. The fall is the perfect time to see if you'll need something new. I like to use coconut oil as a lotion too. Usually, I feel better throwing out the jar that sat all summer long without being used. (I just forget to use it...don't know why.)

Update Your Routines

I like to make sure the kids get out earlier in the afternoon to get some playtime in. Although it isn't too cold yet, I don't really like to let them run around the neighborhood after dark.

Sunshine is important to me. I like to start scheduling a walk over lunch to make sure I can see the sun everyday. If I don't...then the time just slips by and I'm a crabby mom in the dark evening.

I hope that jump-started you thinking about what routines you can change up this fall. You'll feel great when you're done with this and everything will fall into place for you!

Here are more ideas for changing your fall/winter routine.

Menu Plans: Early Autumn Inspired Dishes :: Southern Savers
http://www.southernsavers.com Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:33:49 GMT
early autumn inspired dishes. Just a few more days and it will officially be the start of the Fall season! The weather is getting cooler and the leaves are starting to change and that means Fall produce is making it's way into the ...

Late harvest:an autumn-inspired beauty treatment | The City Planter
http://www.cityplanter.co.uk Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:32:37 GMT
Late harvest:an autumn-inspired beauty treatment. October 17th, 2013 ... This mask will cleanse, refine and rejuvenate the skin, and is ideal for all skin types if you adjust some of the ingredients (see note at end*). This mask is ...

My Top Five Tips for Successful Cleaning Routines for Kids - The ...
http://theinspiredroom.net Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:00:36 GMT
Cleaning tips for kids! ... hardly looked cleaner. I didn't blame the kids, I just realized I needed to make my expectations more clear. To a child, asking them to “clean a room” is an overwhelming and confusing concept they often have trouble mastering. Asking them to put away their clean laundry away or to clear off a desktop are likely more manageable expectations and will eventually lead to better skill with keeping a cleaning routine. ..... paint colors. Fall Inspiration ...

Establishing a Cleaning Schedule for Fall | Life As Mom
http://lifeasmom.com Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:38:58 GMT
If you need inspiration for what jobs there are to do, consult this Cleaning Checklist to see what you want to do in your home. This is what my tentative schedule looks like for the Fall. I've tried to plan tasks for when they ...
 
Happy Fall, and Crafts Inspired by Nature... - Buzzmills
http://buzzmills.typepad.com Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:30:00 GMT
The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel is the perfect Fall board game. Plus, find some more fall crafting here. And, stop by Inner Child Giving for some Nature Inspired Family Fun as well! Fall family fun ideas. Off to do some selfish ...
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Suzanne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Kind Comments are Always Welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...